Chad and I are shooting trap together this year in a league here in town. This has been a great thing for the two of us to do together!! Its nice to be able to have something to look forward to doing without the kids, and its something that we both enjoy doing together. The other great thing about it is that its something that I can do that Chad didn't have to teach me, because well really he has not patience for that sort of thing! I'm still in the learning process of it, but I do pretty good hitting the clay pigeons! Im no where near how good Chad is, but he has been doing it alot longer than I have.
It's also really nice because I get to see my friends and spend some time with them that night too, as a bunch of my girlfriends are on an all girl team that I was on with them last year. I miss being able to shoot with them, but I'm thankful to have something for just me and Chad to do.
We did try to take the kids with us one day, and found that it really wasn't all that much fun or relaxing with them around. Both of us were preoccupied with making sure they were ok that neither one of us shot very well.
So I now can say that we have found something for us to do together! Its been great for our relationship. The past year of struggles finally seems to be a distant path, and we are back to being the couple we were when we first got married! It's a wonderful blessing!
It's also really nice because I get to see my friends and spend some time with them that night too, as a bunch of my girlfriends are on an all girl team that I was on with them last year. I miss being able to shoot with them, but I'm thankful to have something for just me and Chad to do.
We did try to take the kids with us one day, and found that it really wasn't all that much fun or relaxing with them around. Both of us were preoccupied with making sure they were ok that neither one of us shot very well.
So I now can say that we have found something for us to do together! Its been great for our relationship. The past year of struggles finally seems to be a distant path, and we are back to being the couple we were when we first got married! It's a wonderful blessing!


0 comments:
Post a Comment