I am beginning to realize that life really is far too short. In the last 2 weeks I have lost 2 people to suicide.... Not quite sure why they chose such a drastic permanent measure for a temporary problem. I will never understand this. It's such a tragic thing and the people left behind are the ones who are grieving and hurting the most from something that is one of the most selfish acts there is.
With all of that being said I also realize that life is to precious to waste. We are really only given a short amount of time here, and we should live it to our full potential. The old saying of Live, Laugh, and Love really is something that I have tried to accustom myself too. I love my family and I only want to spend each day with them as much as possible.
Plus Caydence I think has been a huge eye opener not only for myself but Chad, and my family. There really is no certainty on how long we are going to be here, and the hardest thing for anyone to ever hear is that they most likely will outlive their child. Which honestly I dont think really was ingrained in any of our heads until we went to Saint Louis to start the process of getting her listed for the Lung Transplant. I never in a million years would have thought that this would be our reality, but here we are, and here we go. I for one am chosing to spend the time I have with her happily. I dont want to look back and regret anything when it comes to her or any of my other children. This is something that everyone I believe should turn into a practice. Rather than telling them not right now, or I'm too busy, it is far too easy to take a moment of your time to spend with your children.
So here is my hope, that we all make changes within ourselves for the better. Im not saying that they have to be huge or even drastic. Just remember they they are only little for a short time, and you never know what each day will bring. I for one dont want to regret it!
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Life lessons....
Posted by Brannamanclan at 11:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Kinda have a tear in my eye reading this. Seeing you guys was absolutely wonderful! Caydence is adorable and it breaks my heart that she goes through the things she goes through.
I pray for a miracle with her every day. I love you!
I love you too! And I was so glad to be able to see you guys! I miss you bunches and hope that you decide to move down this way so that i can see you more... selfish.... well of course!!
Post a Comment